Pete @ HOB Chicago

Well, I guess I'll be the first one to comment on the HOB show...FUCKING AWESOME!!!  This was my first Pete solo show, and it was perfect.  I was about 10 foot from the stage and took all kinds of pictures  Yeah, I know, you're not supposed to but hey, it's PETE! If they're any good, I'll try to post some. He seemed to be in very good spirits and was laughing it up, except for the occasional mike feedback and his amp problems (it was either too loud or too soft).  He even commented that the microphone feedback was irritating him, but it didn't seem to bother him too much.  He opened with Canned Heat' "On the Road Again", a perfect choice.  He was in GREAT voice! I'll try to post the whole set list, but in no particular order:
On the Road Again
A Little is Enough
Pinball Wizard
Now and Then
I Am An Animal
Save It For Later
North Country Girl
You Better You Bet
Let My Love Open the Door
Bargain (Excellent Version!)
The Kids Are Alright (New awesome revamped version)
Anyway Anyhow Anywhere (Another awesome revamped version)
Behind Blue Eyes
Drowned
The other Canned Heat sang he played at his other dates (can't recall the name right now)
Tracy and Pete sang:
Acid Queen
She's a Sensation
Won't Get Fooled Again (ALL KINDS OF WINDMILLING!!!) This was the last song before the 2 encores
Encore 1:
Magic Bus (About a 10 minute version AT LEAST!  One of the coolest songs I've ever seen live)
Encore 2:
I'm One (Pete by himself, What a way to close the show!)

Sorry for the lengthy post, but I have to let everybody know a couple more things:
1)  Before Anyway, Anyhow, Anywhere Pete talked about appeasing Roger by convincing him that he helped Pete right AAA.  So during the song Pete raised his finger every time on of the lyrics that Roger wrote came up...I think he raised his hand 3 times...
2)  Right before the second Canned Heat song Pete's guitar strap gave away and his guitar fell to the ground.  Of course everybody started cheering and Pete commented "Nothing happens to them when you drop them, that's what happens when you buy American guitars..."  but alas, no broken instruments!

Chuck (Is he ever gonna play Baba O'Reiley again?) Vinyard