A Bit More On The Beachcombers

Bogie,

I agree with your concerns about Keith being on any of the
Beachcombers recordings or even if these Beachcomber recordings are indeed
the group that Keith was in before The Who.  (Please see yesterday's digest,
Bogie's post is long enough that I shouldn't copy it here.)  And like you
I'll remain
open minded until such time as I read the new book about Keith or am able
to get more and
better information on the subject.  Good to hear that you'll be at WhoCon,
we'll see you
there!

I'd still like to hear the recordings, something that I have yet to
find, and judge for myself.  I think I would be a fair judge if it were Keith,
being a drummer myself for 30+ years and a Keith aficionado for 20+ years.

And if anything, being the likely hood that these Beachcombers recordings are
from Keith's previous band, it would be interesting to hear what he was
involved
in, even if he isn't drumming on the records.  (It sure was interesting to
hear
recordings of Cliff, Pete's Dad, and speculating what musical background
Pete was exposed to
when he was growing up, not to mention Simon.)

Bogie - thanx for keeping the thread alive.

Brian - as always thanx for your attempts at keeping things accurate.

Beau (surf's up!) McCrury