Re: ?

F A Malisos wrote:

> You know, I was thinking about the way we kind of idolize the Who,
> especially Pete because, well, uh, he's Pete Townshend!  (What's there not
> to idolize?)  In one of my great moments of pondering,  I wondered how Pete
> feels about those of us who spend our spare time devoted to him.  I would
> feel a little uncomfortable if people were squabbling over the internet
> about when I smashed my first guitar, or the value of an album- not that
> I'm critical of us- just curious.  If anyone has any insight, it would be
> welcome.
>
> ~SAMANTHA in Arcadia, CA

	Hello:

	From judgeing his interviews over the last few years, I think that Pete
Townshend is much LESS cynical, boisterious, and just all around MORE at
peace with himself then he was during Keith's hey day with The Who.
	Pete DID however have EVERY reason in the world to be the above things!
	As far as the above question from Samantha........I think that he would
have much different opinion of fans on the net talking about him 20
years ago then he would today.  He seems very humble in his intervies
today, that being the case, I think that he would rather LIKE the
thought of people talking about/discussing his work on a world wide
scale!

							Joseph