Re: Mary-Anne With The Shaky Hands

On Wed, 22 Apr 1998 09:57:20 +0200 hans hoekstra <hmc@euronet.nl> wrote:

>BTW , Brian C: could you please clarify once more what version of
>MAWTSH
>in your opinion is on what CD. I think there are 3 versions in all,
>two
>of them with Al Kooper on organ. So, which is which?

Well, I'll give it a shot.

1) There's the version that was released on the b-side of the U.S. single
of "I Can See For Miles."  It is mono and also appeared that way on the
U.S. LP "Who's Missing" and the European LP "Rarities Vol. 1."  It is the
version on the new "Odds and Sods" but in true stereo.

2) There's the original LP version which appeared on all copies of "The
Who Sell Out."  This is the one version that doesn't feature Al Kooper on
organ.  As far as I know, all versions of it were mono until it was
released in stereo on the "Maximum R'n'B" box set and on the 1995 "The
Who Sell Out" remix.

3) Then there's a previously unreleased alternate take of #1, again
featuring Al Kooper on organ, which appears toward the end of "The Who
Sell Out" 1995 remix.

                                     -Brian in Atlanta

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]