Re: Pete as a Lyricist

I would say that Pete would be the second, maybe third best lyricist.  Ray
Davies of the Kinks should be first.  Heck, Pete's even called him the Poet
Laureate of Rock and Roll!!  Davies has this magical touch with words, and is
amazing. Just listen to Arthur, or the Village Green.  Bob Dylan strikes me as
the Richard Bruaghtigan of rock.  I don't get him at all, and I think he's
self indulged. Paul Simon is great, and I would maybe place him above Pete,
that or John Lennon.  Pete is the master of harmonies and melodies. He's the
music man.  Hold on, he's the list
1-Raymond Douglas Davies
2- Pete Townshend/John Entwistle/ John Lennon/ Paul Simon
the rest just even out.

Kendra