Re: Daltrey at the Beacon Theatre w/ the British Rock Symphony

At 09:11 AM 04/02/98 -0500, George Ligouri wrote:
>Hey, does everyone know that Roger will be headlining the British Rock
>Symphony Tour starting at the Beacon Theatre in NYC April 22nd.

Actually, no he will not.  I got this information directly from Roger this
past weekend.  He is doing the summer tour but NOT the Beacon Theatre show.

>I just called to get my tickets. Yahoo !
>It's sold out too. Im getting tickets through some dude I know.

If you don't want to see Peter Frampton I hope you didn't pay alot.

>Anyway, there's a picture of Roger in the life section of USA today
>newspaper.

Yup, and the info there was definately misleading.

>I heard it's a 60 piece orchestra which will be playing music of the
>Stones, Zep, Floyd, WHO->, Doors, and a couple others.

He said it would be the Juliard Orchestra, the same outfit he used for his
94 DST Carnegie show.  I believe the bands he mentioned were Beatles,
Stones, Zep and Who.  I think probably Floyd but he didn't say that and I
would be willing to bet NO Doors as they weren't British.

>Im not sure where else the tour is going, but in the paper it says it's
>a 25 city tour.

That's what he said too.

>Hopefully they will come to Hartford, CT too. Meadows Music theatre.

Hopefully Chicago too. :)

Kathy

Visit my Roger Daltrey tribute homepage: http://woof.simplenet.com/Roger