Re: The Who on VH1 and lies

From: briancady@juno.com (Brian S Cady):

>On Fri, 03 Apr 1998 10:38:38 PST "Emmee Schiff" <doctorjimmy@hotmail.
com>
>wrote:
>>Well from what I have read and heard this is
>>incorrect. From what I heard when she yelled at him he smashed his

>>guitar over it, that was the first guitar he ever smashed. Did
anyone
>>else see this? and I right in my story? I will be pleased to get
any
>>information that you can give me.

>Yes, that would be correct.  I've never heard the "amp" story.

Then you must not have read the interview with Pete from Guitar
magazine (August 1996, with Pete on the cover) where he tells the
story of how he threw his amp at his grandmother:

"One day, I was about 14, John and I were sitting playing something
together in the front room, not very loud, and she [Pete's
grandmother] came in and said 'Turn that bloody awful row down.'  And
I said, 'Get out now, or I'm going to kill you, you fucking old bag.'
 She yelled, 'How dare you talk to me like that!'  So I picked up my
amplifier and threw it at her.  She ran to the other side of the door,
 and the amplifier landed there in a big heap and it fizzled and went
off.  And I'd just bought it."

So if anyone is lying it's not VH1, it's Pete. :)

-Yellow "Hmmm...tastes of bitter almonds..." Ledbetter