Who/Stones

I've noticed a lot of pot shots being taken at the Stones, and want to add my
two cents worth on this.  When I was in high school (late 70's) the
undisputed champs of the rock world were the Stones and the Who.  Since I was
a hard core Who fan, I spent a lot of time belittling the Stones, trying to
bring people from the Stones camp over to our side, which was vastly
outnumbered.  This included generally just ignoring, maybe even boycotting
everything the Stones did.  I now know I was wrong.
When they toured with Voodoo Lounge my wife wanted to go.  I agreed, mainly
just so I could say I saw the Stones.  Even though I walked into the stadium
feeling very cynical, they blew me away.  I discovered in one night what I'd
been missing for the last 15 years.  Don't get me wrong; if the Who and the
Stones were both in town on the same night, I'd go see The Who every time,
but let's face it, that's not gonna happen.  Though I never wold have
believed it 15, or even 5 years ago, I can sit here now and proudly proclaim
myself to be a Stones fan, without feeling any betrayal to my allegance to
the Who.  It's not a football game, people, it's music.  Enjoy it.  If you
don't like the Stones, fine, don't listen to them, but running them down does
not make you more of a Who fan.  At a time when Hanson and the Spice Girls
are tearing up the charts, I think that fans of the Who and the Stones should
be closing the ranks and banding together rather than snipe at each other
Doug