Re: Stones Tour Media Hype

From:	INTERNET:GStruwe@aol.com, INTERNET:GStruwe@aol.com

RE:	Re: Stones Tour Media Hype
<<
It's beginning to dominate the media again...the Stones are touring and o=
ne
would think everyone and their brother bought into the press release bull=
shit
that this is the greatest band in the world.  What I wanna know is how co=
me
The Who kept such a low profile during the Quadrophenia work?  Why not th=
usual Today Show, Good Morning America, Entertainment Tonight bullshit th=
Stones are so adroit at???  I need answers!>>
Galen

I'm sick and tire of hearing about the Stones.  Being in the NY
Metro area you can't step out of your house without hearing some-
thing Stones related.  In the beginning I am very vocal about the
"Best R&R band" crap but after a few weeks I just give the TV or
Radio the finger.  My husband laughs at me; tries to bait me with
the "Well you know they are.  The Who suck" speech but I don't let
it effect me.

My theory on the publicity end is that the boys don't need any.
Even though the shows weren't widely publized here in the NY area
they were still pretty well sold out.  Just look at what the Stones
do.  They pull in current big name opening bands (i.e. Blues
Travelers, Dave Matthews, Foo Fighters, Sheryl Crow) and do a
shit load of promoting.  That shows me we are looking at has-beens
who are scared shitless about whether they can sell out a stadium
anymore.

This might sound like I hate the Stones but I don't.  I own some =

of their early albums & have seen them once (they sucked by the
way.  What a waste of $35.00)  They just never have been a very
strong live band and anyone who is an honest fan of theirs will
probably admit that.

I think their shows are such a waste of time that I turn down
free tickets.  I have a friend who thru his boss gets free Stones
tickets every time they come back.  I always get asked and I always
turn them down.  Well except for the Steel Wheels tour; my brother
said he would take the tix and so I accepted.

No apologies; Just my opinion.

May the Flames commence!

Kathleen