Pam and Flint, Michigan

Hey There Yellow Gal:

Stories about the Holiday Inn in Flint abound, to be sure. In 1979 a friend
and I drove to Michigan to see The Who at the Silverdome in Pontiac. (what a
monstrous place that is! And I remember that we were going to "look for" a
friend of ours there from the Who's News fanzine that we had never met
before. Yeah, no problem!) At any rate, at some point in our trip we stopped
in Flint and talked to the manager at the Holiday Inn. He even showed us the
room that he said Keith stayed in and of course, that's where we stayed that
night. I'm sure the guy was just pulling our leg and was having some fun at
the expense of these crazy Who fans but we had fun just the same! (and I
still have a photo of me standing beside that swimming pool - -)

what innocent days those were . . .