Windmill

Sorry, I deleted the messages in response to my original comment about this
subject so I can't attach them.

Anyway, I had to satisfy myself on the question of where PT derived/copied
the windmill move.

Referring to Dave Marsh's book, "Before I Get Old" (p.62-63) I found this:

"It was a gesture in keeping with Richard's compact, laconic style, and
Townshend simply exaggerated it by pulling his arm far above his head and
then bringing it down rapidly to thunder through the strings.

"I thought I was copying Keith," Townshend remembered several years later.
"So when we did a gig with the Stones later, I didn't do it all night, and I
watched him, and he didn't do it all night, either.  'Swing me what?' he
said.  He must have got into it as a warming up thing that night, but he
didn't remember.

So it would seem that it was a "warm-up" thing - and possibly one that K.
Richard used only once or twice.

- -Sean

"Hold your group together with Rotosound strings"............