Re: Pete's forgotten album

MARTIN wrote:

> Actually Barefootin was recorded in Nov. 1985
> during his Brixton shows around the release
> of White City. The Dance album was recorded a
> year later.

Martin:

Yes...don't you think Pete could have been thinking ahead to his next
album? If it was to be covers? Of course they could be completely
unrelated. I was merely speculating...

> If you've heard the remix of "Hiding Out",
> which was done in 1985, you could imagine that
> Pete's Dance album might actually of been good.

While I'm no fan of Dance music, I do like HO a lot. Both versions. But
a little is enough and with Face The Face on the same album it might be
too much. An entire CD of it would have left (at least) me cold. I've
always been happy The Who never surrendered to Disco (like a certain
contemporary), and I'd hate to see Pete try to be "modern" when his own
music is so compelling. His Rock music is legendary, why go "slumming?"

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "There's a million ways to laugh/And every one's a path..."

            Pete Townshend