Re: Swimming pool in Flint, Michigan

>The Flint, Michigan "car in swimming pool" story was
>indeed a nice story as told by Keith in a Rolling Stone
>interview, but it was a bald-faced lie by Keith according to
>his "biography" FULL MOON.  <rest snipped>

In my readings on the Who, I've come across at least six different
versions of what happened at that Holiday Inn on Keith's birthday.  I
think this incident (or non-incident, as the case may be) should be
filed as "Rock Folklore".  The way I see it, something may have
happened with a swimming pool, and it might have involved a car, but
I would have better luck finding the Holy Grail or Paul Bunyan's
burial site than I would of figuring out the truth behind this
particular rock legend. :)

- -Yellow "The Search for Atlantis" Ledbetter