Pete Townshend video (The History Of Rock'n'Roll)

I think most of you downloaded the AVI video that has Pete Townshend
(bald, so it must be recent) talking about his dead friends. Well,
there's a part of it I didn't got, could you help me? If there's
something wrong please correct too. Here it goes

"Look at my life, look at my generation, how did that work? Jimi
Hendrix, Brian Jones, Janis Joplin, Keith Moon, (...) dead people, my
life is full of dead people, my friends are dead, my friends! They might
be your fucking icons, they're my fucking friends, they're dead!"