Re: Bogus Ox Info

Rick:

>Anyway, we usually recieve what is commonly called "Showprep" in
>radioland. It's basically a news service that provides us with news of
>the day. (Latest stories, celeb birthdays...etc.) On the Sept. 11th
>version of my show prep, it indicated that John Entwistle turned 53. I
>have many other sources in which I could've looked this up, but instead I
>chose to trust the writers of the news service. (SW Radio Network) I
>will, of course, double-check this upon my returning to work on Monday.
>(Not that I don't believe you Alan...I certainly do) I'd just like to
>check how many of my sources are screwed up!

Here in Madison a DJ on WIBA -FM announced on Thursday that it was John
Entwistle's birthday and then proceeded to play "Baba O'Riley". I called the
studio and spoke to the DJ as I felt this blunder should not go unnoticed.
He told me he read it off a prep sheet that is printed for DJ's and the like
so he must have been reading the same thing you were.  He said he didn't
think that was right when he read it and I told him his intuition was
correct so he corrected it to October 9 on-air.

What moron is getting the info for these prep sheets?