Who and Beatles...again!

>  You *must* be joking. The Beatles' main early influences (before they were
> famous) were  Elvis Presley and Buddy Holly. Later, they were influenced by
> Bob Dylan and (in McCartney's case) The Beach Boys' "Pet Sounds" album.

Ian:

This is all true, but it does NOT preclude any influence by The Who
(Kinks, Stones, and more I'm sure). The main influence? I couldn't put
my finger on anyone who would qualify for that. However, we know that
Lennon recorded feedback a couple of months after The Who opened for The
Beatles. I'd call that influence, wouldn't you? Others might be more
subtle, and I think there are several (Taxman, Getting Better, Me & My
Monkey, I Want You), but I think you have to admit The Who had at least
some definite influence on The Beatles.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "There's a million ways to laugh/And every one's a path..."

            Pete Townshend