john, Roger, or Pete reading this list

>Finally, I often wondered as to whether or not Pete and the others
>occasionally peruse the list as well.  Hey, maybe one of them has even
>written under an assumed name.  How cool would that be!  I mean, if they
>ever did bother to check it out, I have no doubt that they couldn't help
>but be amused by the continual banter that goes on here.  It probably would
>serve as a pretty good ego booster as well.  I guess we'll never know for
>sure.

DOn't be surprised if this is indeed the case.  Mike Nesmith sometimes reads
the Monkees list.  Roger McGuinn is a regular member of the Byrds list.
John Hiatt reads his list.  The wrestling newsgroups and newsletters and
lists are regurally perused by execs at the various companies to gage
reaction to the larest storylines....  Most companies / groups view the
newsgroups and lists as a free road to the opinions of "joe public."  In
fact, it was the arguing and bickering of the Dr Who fans about the Dr Who
movie on FOX last year that pretty much kept that from being turned into a
new series... They decided instead to continue Sliders (which is gone too,
now) instead of bringing back the old warhorse that has the bickering fans!

So, I would not be a bit surprised if Pete, John, or Roger have a secretary
who keeps regular tabs on the lists and newsgroups, just to see what the
word on the street is among their fans.

Hmmmm, in fact, hasn't one of John's secretaries and one of his band members
posted to the list before?

But, also remember that the fastest way to chase "spying" stars away is to
act like you know or care that they might be reading.  As soon as the
"kissing up" posts start appearing, they usually leave.  Especially Nesmith.  :)

Heath
|                                                 |
|     Go on a horror hayride with Webb Wilder,    |
|     the last of the Full Grown Men, at:         |
| http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Palms/5540 |
|  Punkabilly?  Meet the fathers of alternative   |
|  Country, Jason & The Scorchers, at:            |
|     http://www.geocities.com/Nashville/3301     |