Re: Empty Glass dedications

Sughosh Varadarajan wrote:
>Well,I happen to have the
>LP of "Empty Glass", and it says 'Rough Boys is for my two
daughters'.

Actually, it says "Dedicated to my children Emma and Minta and to the
Sex Pistols".  Not that this contradicts your point, unless Pete had
a much closer relationship with the Sex Pistols than was previously
thought.
All other things aside, if I were Emma or Minta I'd be a bit ticked
about dear old dad not being able to dedicate a song to me and my
sister without including a bunch of non-relatives as well, but that's
just me.

>I wonder if he would dedicate a song about his homosexuality to his
>daughters.

I'm surprised that no one else has mentioned that the entire "Empty
Glass" album is dedicated to Pete's wife, Karen.  I think it would be
in VERY poor taste to dedicate your big coming out album to your wife
("Hope this album makes up for the fact that our entire marriage has
been a sham!"), but again, that's just me.

Oh, and I quite agree with Joseph that "Empty Glass" is a fine album,
no matter what the songs really mean or who (or perhaps WHAT, see
below) they are dedicated to.

Kim wrote:
>One read of Horse's Neck should
>enlighten one to the fact that Pete's sexual expression/fantasy has
not been
>limited to the human female body...

Hey now, that horse was a symbol!  A metaphor!  All the other writers
do it!  But oh no, when Pete tries to make use of a common literary
technique, everyone thinks he's got a thing for Mr. Ed.  Really!  Now,
 Lambchop maybe I could see.

- -Yellow "And Randy the WONDER LLAMA" Ledbetter