Re: And I moved...

John W. Leys wrote:

> "Frank S. Corotto" <fcorotto@nugget.ngc.peachnet.edu> wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > As for me Empty Glass is one of my favorite albums but I skip "And I
> > Moved".  Not that there's anything wrong with it...I just don't like
> > the song.
>
> That's odd. This has always been one of my favorite songs on Empty
> Glass. It's a beautiful song. Pete's vocals on it are haunting. I think
> it's probably one of the best vocals of his career. And I don't think it
> matters whether it was written for a woman, about a gay affair, or if he
> made the whole thing up. It's a beautiful song. Why should anything else
> matter?

	Empty Glass is a Rock'n'Roll CLASSIC.  When writing/recording it, Pete
was old enough to where he had already lived a long time, but still the
young "rock star", young enough to go all hog out WILD on stage for
every concert, though from what I hear from this mailing list, he was
extremely energetic for alot of this past Quadrophenia tour, which is
fantastically cool!
	Anyway, Empty Glass has always been my favorite Pete Townshend albums,
and just one of my overall favorite albums in general.
	When reading the above letter, I'm reminded at how greatly the album
flowed, and now that I think about it, I'm going to go out and buy it
again.
	I owned the album when it first came out, wore that down and bought the
cassette version some years later, but that got eaten up some time ago.
	Now I'm going to go out and buy it on CD, and REALLY crank out that
baby!!

								Joseph