Band-Bashing

I've been reading tons of posts on here recently bashing
one band or another, and I just want to say chill out, folks.
How can you get so upset because someone likes the
Stones as much as the Who?  Music is out there to be
LOVED and ENJOYED!  Just because the Who might be
your "favorite" band doesn't mean that you have to be per-
sonally threatened if another band is getting mega-publicity.

I've noticed this phenomenon before w/Beatles fans.  They
get all upset whenever some new band (Oasis, Hall & Oates,
the Bee Gees, the Bay City Rollers, etc.) gets compared to the
Fab Four.  Well, guess what?  None of them ever lives up to
the comparison.  And as someone else on here noted, com-
paring the Who to the Beatles, Stones, etc. is pointless,
because they're all equally amazing and marvelous,
anyway.

A few of the many artists I love, in no particular order:  Beatles,
Who, Dylan, Kinks, Stones, the Police, Nirvana, Prince, Michael
Jackson (you got those two right!! Yeah, I know I'll take shit
for it!!), Springsteen, Elvis Costello, Joe Jackson, Yoko Ono
(and I have sat here and listened to many uninformed folks
knock HER without a word until now), R.E.M., Chuck Berry,
Elvis Presley....and the list goes on & on.

God gave us music for us to HAVE A GOOD TIME, people.
So lighten up and crank your stereos!

- --Carolyn
"The music must change, for we're chewing a bone...."