Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #295

The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
> Date: Mon, 24 Nov 1997 08:53:29 -0500 (EST)
> From: UKHOSTJP@aol.com
> Subject: PT and Chemistry
>
> Tho it's not a period of his work to which I listen much,  I assume that
> "Cowboys- Chinese Eyes" was a Heroin ref. If so, it was a bit askew.

  Cowboys like Clint Eastwood and John Wayne would always seem
  to have a tough "squint" in the movies, making Pete write the
  title "All The Best Cowboys Have Chinese Eyes" (Chinese people
   having a "squint" to their eye design, much like the way
   the "cowboys" in the movies would "squint"..hence the title,,)
   I don't believe that the title was in any way a drug reference.
   This is my opinion, as well as a reference in my mind from an
   article/or/book that mentioned it.

   Hey.......does "teenage wasteland" mean all teens are high
   on pot, man, or what....?
                                ;) <--look..chinese squint...