Posts re Stones

part, but Can't You Hear Me Knocking, Santana rip off or not, is NOT a
post-Miss You release.

pointless and ridiculous Who v. Stones discussion.  However, I would add that
any innovation in NEW music (not live performance) to come from the
collection of musicians known as The Who will come from but one, Pete
Townshend, and to my mind it matters very little which musicians he uses to
play his music.  Much of his best work has been recorded without the help of
the other band members.  In fact, I think they unnecessarily restrict his
creativity, particularly having to use Roger as a vocalist.

	Don't get me wrong.  I enjoy seeing ALL the older bands playing their old
music as long as they remain interesting and creative performers and am happy
that they are able to define just exactly what you can do in rock music as
you age.  This includes The Who, The Rolling Stones, Neil Young, etc.
 However, I do think it is quite hypocritical to posit that The Who are
somehow superior to and less motivated by profit than The Rolling Stones when
both bands have based their recent huge tours  on music and reputations made
twenty to thirty years ago.

Kim