STB at Chicago's House of Blues

I apologize for the delay in posting this note (family obligations took
a lot of time this weekend!) and hope I'm not duplicating someone else's
message about STB in Chicago, so I'll keep this short.

The Simon Townshend Band's set was amazing.  I have both versions of the
"Among Us" CD, but I was apprehensive about hearing this band live for
the first time (Milli Vanilli Syndrome?).  The studio music and earlier
show reviews from this tour raised my expectations for STB very high,
but from the start of the HoB performance I was filled with delight.
Songs that are excellent on the CDs are even better live, and other
songs that I thought merely good (such as "Cold Water") really took off
on stage.  I was also happy to hear songs new to me, like "Majesty".  In
addition, it helped to be leaning on the stage right in front of Simon,
as Pam the Who Girl and I were.  Being so close to the musicians was a
real treat; it made the show much more personal for me to have Simon
standing less than a foot away and smiling down at me!  I enjoyed the
show tremendously, as did the other listers there (Rich B., Alan, Kathy,
Monica, Nomad...I'm sure there were others there whom I do not yet know
by sight).

I was also very pleased that Simon took so much time after the show to
speak to people, exchange hugs (one for me) and kisses (one for Pam),
and to sign CDs.  I was nervous about speaking to Simon, but he was warm
and friendly, which encouraged me to ask him to autograph my backstage
pass (while I was still wearing it on my chest) and his water bottle
(which I'd rescued from the stage).  Ben also spoke to us, and shyly
accepted compliments on his drumming and singing.

As Pam has Simon's autographed set list from the evening, I'll let her
post that (she also has his towel, rescued from the stage; we were busy
that night!).  The show really was wonderful.  I wish that I could have
a chance to see the acoustic shows on the west coast; you lucky locals
are in for a real treat.

We finished the evening by going to see Happy Jack (a Who tribute band)
at a local bar, and all wound up on stage bellowing along to "Magic
Bus".  What a night.............

- --Cheryl