Emmee's excelent adventure

My little adventure started at about 9.30am yesterday morning when Carla
picked me up from my dorm to head to Cleveland for the Simon Townshend
Band Show and Peabodies.   We took about 4 hours or so to get there with
a generous stop for lunch, then we headed for the Rock & Roll Hall of
Fame Museum, it was really cool.  We took the entire tour I found all
the coolest Who stuff, and we saw this movie, obviously Pete Townshend
has the most famous Nose in Rock history.  At about 5 we headed over to
the Flats to grab a drink and calm down a little before the show. I was
to meet Simon Townshend at about 6 after the sound check.  We had a
drink and headed over to the venue about 6 but they weren't there yet so
we took a little walk, then back to the bar for another soda and then
headed back to Peabodies around 6.45 again. So we waited and waited, and
then we waited some more. (and can I just say that if you are gonna wait
somewhere it isn't too smart to make it near the men's room door...icky)
We decided at about 7.15 that we would leave and come back in a couple
of minutes, when we heard the words that we had been waiting
for...."They're finally here". I was nervous, they started carrying in
equipment and we watched for a couple of minutes before I got up the
guts to go and ask if I could help. They said that they had been told
the wrong time to be there.  I introduced myself to Paul Townshend and
he introduced me around, the whole band seemed quite nice on first meet,
and I reassured myself that the interview would be a good one, because
they were so nice. I got some equipment and someone said , "you got
that?" and of course I said yes...then I heard the nice remark "she's a
strong woman" and a couple of giggles including mine. After we got all
of the equipment I approached Paul about the interview, when would be a
good time and where...HE HAD NO IDEA WHAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT.  But he
said that an interview would be alright. I then took a sigh of
relief...a while later while they unpacked equipment he came up to me
and showed me a note from their manager telling them about the
interview...funny he told me that they knew already...hummmm. We agreed
that after the soundcheck would be a good idea.
	At that time Paul came up to me and I grabbed my stuff and he led Simon
Townshend and I to a small room on the second floor with a bin of beers
and some cold cuts and a tuperware or fruit. I sat down and prepared my
equipment, Paul offered me a beer, and of course I noted that I was not
legal...and he said "in here you are" and I agreed and had a drink.
Simon and I sat down, and he offered me a grape, at first I said no but
then he offered again and then fed it to me, a huge thrill that Simon
Townshend was feeding me grapes.  We about a 20-25 minute interview, we
were interrupted a couple of times but all in all it went well.  More
details about the actual interview will be continued later, I will be
offering up the tape recording of it for trade sometime in December when
I get home for Christmas, so if you want it, wait a month, I will be
posting something about it later. The end went well I asked him to do a
liner ID for the radio station that I work for, he had to do it about 4
or 5 times and it was quite funny, either he would mess up the call
letters or the catch phrase, it was very nice for a laugh. And I believe
that I mentioned to Simon how cute I thought Ben was. Then Linsay and
James and Ben Townshend came in and Linsay and James said that they were
going to look for a place to play pool while the opening group played.
It was all good and Ben stayed behind and Paul came back, we all talked
for a minute while I picked up my equipment, I complimented Ben on the
great Drum kit that he had, and he said it was rented, but it was quite
beautiful. And I thought to myself, I am in a room with three
Townshends, but they were so nice, I explained to them about lake effect
snow and that was why it was so bad :) I really didn't think of them as
being famous in any way while talking to them.
	I went down stairs after that and was there to hear the opening band
play their last two numbers and Carla and I went to the car to drop off
my stuff and came back just in time for the other opener Noella Hutton
from Ireland, she was good, she reminded me of Ani DeFranco.
	Finally the moment came The Simon Townshend band was ready to perform,
I really liked their music, I did have the CD and while I was in the
room with Simon and Ben I did have them both sign it for me. They did a
quick sound check and then started the set, they played about 6 or seven
new songs including one about growing up a Townshend and after that song
he asked the audience to call him sir Simon. Which of course we did. And
he also played a lot of stuff off of the new album, about half way
through he asked the audience to come to the front of the stage so that
we seemed more, we were about 20 or so in all, a disappointment to me
and the band. I did of course, I think you could call me the
stereotypical person who spends the whole concert dancing, it was
wonderful. I just loved them and of course I taped the show so as soon I
listen to it a couple more times I will tell you all the set list and
names of all the new songs that they played. And of course I talked to
Simon about a new album and he said that he would probably be working on
it sometime in January.
	After the show people cheered for them to come back out but they
didn't, I can understand their disappointment in the turnout, I was, I
went up to Paul who was selling CD's to ask if they had anything else to
sell, which they didn't :(. then someone asked if they would be coming
out and he said he didn't know, but they did, and I talked to Simon
after and hugged him and told him what a good show they had, I got a
kiss on the cheek (not as good as Haley) and asked for a picture which
of course he said yes to. They I was standing by the stage watching him
sign autographs and Ben tapped me on the shoulder and I told him what a
great show he had and gave him a little kiss *he he he * and asked for a
picture which he said yes to and before I knew it he was around the
stage, and I hugged him again. I gave the camera to Carla who took one
picture of us then mentioned that we had to get one of us kissing, (oh
by the way THANK YOU CARLA) we took one then I got one with Simon and we
waited a couple minutes more and Paul handed everyone free posters, and
a lot of people got them signed. Finally I told Simon that we had to get
going we had a long drive and if he wanted to get a copy of the
interview I could certainly sent him one to him, so I gave him my
address, but he probably wont write. then told him that we were leaving
and I hugged him again and he whispered in my ear to be careful on the
drive cause of the roads and the snow. and we left and started on
another journey.
	The drive home was an adventure I played the interview to Carla to see
what she thought she liked it. and the four hour drive there turned into
a 10 hour drive back to Rochester in a blizzard, it was an adventure in
itself, I got home around 10.15am to find many messages from my father
worried about where I was, and figured that I would go to Weather class.
I talked to my teacher after and told him that I told the band about
lake effect snow and went off to bed. Well not really to sleep I had to
write this first.

INTERESTING HAPPENINGS OF THE EVENING:
1. Simon feeding me a grape
2. getting a kiss from Ben
3. the opening band introducing themselves to me and giving me a free
cd, I think in hopes of an interview
4. getting one of Simon's guitar picks
5. oh yea did I mention that I had an interview with SIMON TOWNSHEND.
LOW POINTS

1. The low turnout
2. People who kept going up to Simon and Ben and Paul after the show
asking about Pete, it was a SIMON Townshend show not a Pete Townshend
show.You have to respect that he has a career of his own, don't insult
him by going to his concert to ask him about his brother, go to see how
great he is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The band was to travel to Chicago today, I am unsure about that though,
I don't know that Paul has all that much experience in driving in this
much snow, there was a lot when we left, if they go it will be a slow
ride. But I wish I was there.
it was also nice to meet SUE and GIGI from the list, it was suprising to
find a who fan younger than me.
	OH AND DON'T WORRY I WILL HAVE PICTURES POSTED AS SOON AS I CAN. I TOOK
PLENTY OF THE SHOW