Lumpenrock

The sad fact is that the Led Zep Concert File book will outsell its companion
Who volume by 10 to 1 : maybe 100 to 1. Now I understand that the sort of
simplistic trash LZ  churn out will always make them readily comprehensible to
a mass audience - who wants Subtlety, Taste, Melody or Wit when you can have
Led Zeppelin ? - but my comment about the Who book's availability is not based
on spec, but on the size of the wholesale order already placed.

What was the other Q ? Oh yes -  January 8th 1968 The Who played The Silver
Blades Ice Rink, Bristol.  12 months previously they'd played the Locarno,
(part of the same complex) and caused the largest sell out ever seen. Enraged
locked-out kids trashed the car park, including Daltreys sports car. Now they
were
billed at a side-venue, and -that- was only 2/3rds full.