Re: Quad on Broadway?

In a message dated 97-05-27 10:24:39 EDT, KIPPD@PCMAIL01.SYSTEMS.GEC.COM
(Kipp, David G.) writes:

<<
 I saw the Broadway show "Rent" this weekend.  It was good, but of course,
 not as fantastic  as "Tommy".  As anyone heard any rumors about Quad coming
 to a Broadway theater? I think it may work better than "Tommy" did.

 Dave K.

Interesting idea, but given the vastly superior quality and far greater
accessability of London stage, I would imagine that any attempt to put "QUAD"
on a stage would start there (as many Broadway hits, such as MISS SAIGON) do.

I'm waiting for the day that PETE returns to the LIGHTHOUSE project (He
actually got that onto a stage for a brief but undoubtly remarkable period).
And the fact that the most popular WHO album of all time is basically a set
of "out-takes" from "LIGHTHOUSE", I can't begin to imagine what TOWNSHEND
could/would do with the entire thing, especially since it was written to be
performed on stage in the first place!

JB