Swiss breakfast with the Who

Today some 400.000 switzer(wo)men had to look at two-thirds of the Who, as
the "Tages-Anzeiger" presented a feature on the Who - the photo alone
covered more than the N/E quarter of the front-page of its "Zurich und
Region" section and had as subline: "Ihm allein könnte man stundenlang
zuhören: Pete Townsend am Freitag in Zurich ( im Hintergrund Bassist John
Entwistle )" meaning "You could listen to him alone for hours and hours: PT
....".

The feature "They have survived, they still do sing - the Who on Friday
evening at the Hallenstadion, always moving, often sensational" was worth
reading, as the author had the opportunity to attend the gig in Kopenhagen
three weeks ago which opened the current European leg of the Quadrophenia
tour: " in Kopenhagen it was a musical, in Zurich it was a real concert ...
less Broadway, more music ... 8.000 did come, all the others <some
392.000> have missed something".

To add some personal observations:

Pete is quite old now, so he needs the assist of a second guitar these days
for the guitar-workload. It took me by surprise that the second guitarist
was his brother Simon. The backup-band members were introduced during the
encore part of the concert.
I was thinking during Quadrophenia that the second guitarist had something
special in common with Pete without realizing the basic reason. So I like
to propose, that Simon should shave off his dark sidies, color his hair to
match Pete's grey ... to make up himself as Pete's clone - almost nobody
knows about Pete's brother - this would be fun.

As this was discussed lately, Pete's stage section was kind of sound-sealed
with a lot of transparent walls.

Unfortunately I missed the names of the "rock-piano player from Texas" and
the other keyboard wizard "who has worked with me (=Pete) since the late
sixties". Can anyone help ?

Michael Goral	          eMail:   mGoral@DevTrans.ch