The Seeker...

Alright, I'm new to the list and have a few questions...

1. I was in Waldenbooks a couple of months back and saw a new PT biography.
When I went back to buy it, it was GONE!!!  I think it was called "Behind Blue
Eyes" (I think).  Can anyone help me with the title so that I could order it?
Also, it is even worth ordering?!

2. Maybe this a dumb question:  On their US tour this summer, will they be
playing Quad in its entirety (crosses fingers)?

3. I'm looking for early shows to add to my newly growing tape collection.  Does
anyone have any decent sounding shows, radio broadcasts (other than Maximum BBC)
from '64-'67?  Feedback (no pun intended!) would be greatly appreciated!!!

Okay, enough questions.  On the Beatles v.s. Who thread:

While The Beatles have had more of a cultural impact, I think that The Who have
had a much more profound influence on rock (AKA music).  For example, while
Hendrix may have covered "Sgt. Pepper" and such in concert, it was Pete who
really had a major, MAJOR influence on his sound (everybody knows the story
about how Jimi walked into Jim Marshall's store and demanded to know what kind
of amps PT was using).  Not only was The Who's music influential, Townshend's
lyrics took writing to a new level.  While most rockers (and mods, heh) were
writing about boys and girls and "teenage love," PT wrote about (and still is)
how awkward growing up and growing older is.  Pete was writing about reality.
While he might have been writing to soothe his own soul, thousands of kids (and
adults) could relate.  His lyrics still ring true today (after all, I'm only
20!).  Traces of his lyrics surface in artists ranging from Elvis Costello to
Eddie Vedder and possibly even Kurt Cobain.  Anyway, that's just my 2 cents!

Speaking of Eddie Vedder, does anyone have a copy of his solo performance of MG
and Kids Are Alright at Carnegie Hall (didn't he trash the dressing room?  PT
must've been so proud)?

Alright, this post is long enough!  If anyone could help me out with my
questions, please reply in private mail!  Thanks a bunch...

andrew

"It's only teenage wasteland..."