Re: John's Picking Trick

D Date: Tue, 13 May 1997 12:47:30 +1000
From: "Neil Hunt" <neilhunt@csc.com.au>
Subject: John's Picking Trick

Has anyone else wondered how John E swaps from pick to finger-picking
mid-tune?  How does he do it?  I play a little bit of BG but this one
stumps me.  And does anyone know the first recorded instance of guitar
feedback?

Neil

	Neil,

	John doesn't actually switch between his pick and his finger.  In
fact, he use's his index fingernail as a pick.  He does this by pressing
his thumb and index finger together (as if he were holding a pick).  I
wondered the same thing, I finally figured it out while at a concert here
in Toronto at the Warehouse.  I was about 2 feet away from John.  I
actually exchanged a few words with him after the show.  An all out class
act in my opinion.

	Cheers,
	Rui

	Rui Resendes			Department of Chemistry
	Lab : (416) 978-2450		University of Toronto
	Home: (416) 635-0748		80 St. George Street
					Toronto, Ontario
					M5S 1A1