Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #119

On Wed, 14 May 1997, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

> David:
>
> Welcome to the list. I would say that The Who are the greatest Rock band
> that ever walked the face of the Earth (but then, I WOULD say that) not
> only performancewise, but also because of Townshend's songs. And it just
> kept getting better; MG was a landmark song, SO pioneered new ground,
> TOMMY was...well, TOMMY, LAL was one of the greatest live albums ever
> recorded, WN was almost perfection, and then came QUAD.
> So we can subject the songs to analysis or not; the result is still the
> same...

ML (I think you wrote this),

Just thought I'd provoke a little controversy, so I'd just like to say
that I disagree with your theory that The Who are THE rock giants.  I'd
have to say that they are A rock giant.  I'd love to hear more of your
opinion on why they're the best band ever.  I have to say that I'm pretty
much riding on the Beatles side of the fence for best band ever but
everybody obviously has the right to their own opinion.  Don't get me
wrong though, I certainly love the Who's music more than just about
any other band.

Bryce