Baron and Quad

> I friend at work has an old 45. Here are the details.
> Side a:Pinball Wizard(2:55)/b: Dogs Part Two(2:21), The Who Vocal with
> Orchestra, Produced by Baron Lambert and Chris Stamp on Decca Records,
> Track Music , Inc. 732465(7-121,165).
>
> Interesting collectable, eh?  Would anybody know the value of this? What
> is The Who vocal with Orchestra?  I learned what Kit's real name is.

Kit's real name is "Baron"... that explains Pete's whole depressed rant about
the death the "Baron" in Horse's Neck. And I always thought it was somehow a
symbolic parable about the death of Keith Moon.

> Jimmy doesn't die in the film.
> In fact the film opens with him
> walking away from letting the scooter
> go over the cliff.
> Jimmy doesn't die on the album either, or
> we wouldn't of had the sequel; "White City".

WHITE CITY IS THE SEQUAL TO QUADROPHENIA?!?! Dang, you learn something new each
day. Sometimes you learn two things each day! That's utterly fascinating! Now
if only I wasn't trapped at school until 8, I could run home and appreciate
White City in a whole new way!

> Has anyone else wondered how John E swaps from pick to finger-picking
> mid-tune?  How does he do it?  I play a little bit of BG but this one
> stumps me.

Yes, I know how he does it! I saw him do that very thing right here in Atlanta
during his remarkable solo tour performance at the Cotton Club. He was playing
for an encore this mind blowing ten minute solo in the midst of a couple of
Live at Leeds pieces the John Entwistle Band was rehashing. I was watching his
pick very closely, and I saw very clearly what he did. He just flicked the pick
away onto the ground, just dropped it, never to pick again for the last ten
minutes of the show. It was a very subtle but- if you caught it- a very flashy
novelty. It really captured you, because he absolutely FLEW once he lost that
pick. It would be an understatement to say I'll never forget it.

- -Hart Deer
(deerdana@dekalb.dc.peachnet.edu)