Causing the split

In a radio interview before the Ny broadcast of the Quad show, Pete says that
Jimmy is a schizophrenic suffering from multiple personality disorder.  He notes that
not all schizos have MPD, but some do.  And what happens, he says, is that the drugs
cause the "split to split," going from two to four.

Personally, I have no idea which split into which.  I don't know if Pete does, but
on the surface, that idea of drugs making the two to four works for me.

I agree: Jimmy stays on the rock.  Completely indecisive about what to do . . .

UNTIL TOMMY COMES CLIMBING UP THE ROCK!
Jimmy agrees to follow the incredibly cool leader and the two return to Britain
just in time to replace the Spice Girls as the musical act of the day.

Wishful thinking here.