The Downside to Petelust, or My Evil Mum

Listen now, gentle Who fans, to my tale of woe...well, okay, my tale
of mild embarrassment combined with annoyance.
I work as a data entry technician in the same building at the
University where my mum is employed.  Today
it would seem my boss, Tracy, was chatting with my mum and asked,
"Who is that distorted picture of on
Yellow's wall?  The one with the hound dog expression."
My mum claims that she did not even need to look into my office to
see who it was.  "Oh, I'll bet it's Pete
Townshend!" she told Tracy.
Tracy expressed disbelief that Pete's nose could really be that big,
so mum and Tracy went into my office
to see.  Mum verified that it was indeed Pete, and added that there
was no distortion in the photograph,
that was the actual size of his nose.
My dear, dear mum thought that this whole anecdote was extremely
funny and recounted it at dinner
tonight.  It took her a bit longer to tell than it has for me to type,
 as she had to stop every so often to
laugh.
I, of course, was so aghast that I could only make lame replies such
as, "His nose is not really that big!" and "You're so mean!"  Luckily,
 my youngest sister Robin jumped to my defense, boldly demanding that
mum tell Tracy that, "It's not what a person looks like that
matters!"  Then we both chorused, "It's what's
INSIDE that counts!"  My other sister, Stacy, added, "And he was a
pretty good singer, too."  But mum's heart was unmoved...she just
kept laughing.

                                      -Yellow "Oh the cross I must
bear" Ledbetter