Ticket tales (or we fought the law and we won!)

Let me guess: had to be Ticketmaster. I've camped out for concerts maybe a
half dozen times and have been screwed all but once with them (luckily it
was for Quad last year -- managed row three on the floor).

I've found, however, that if you cool your heels until a few days before
the show, Ticketmaster has an equally perverse habit of releasing excellent
seats for concerts that they say are sold out (managed fifth row, main
floor for REM this way). My hunch is they're returned promotional tickets.

jl