Moon vs Bonham, Pete vs. Everybody, JAE and his league

Well, I incidentally post my reply to the owner instead of thewho@igtc.com, but
here it goes.

1. Best Drummer: Moon or Bonham?
   In my opinion, here are TWO "best drummer". One is Keith Moon, of course. And
the other is Neil Peart. The fact is that they have the opposite styles, so,
can't be compared. Peart is the metronome-style (uses the drums to help the
other guys with tempo). Moon not. As there are these two categories, I think
Moon and Peart are the best on each one. But I prefer the Moon style. :)

2. Pete Townshend and other guitar players
   Pete Townshend is a great guitar player, but there are a handful of better
ones. That's my opinion

3. John Alec Entwistle and his league
   In this case it's a bit different. There are LOTS of very good guitar
players, LOTS of very good drummers, but the majority of the bass players just
keep repeating tonic notes instead of doing solos or complex riffs. John Alec
Entwistle is the best bass player I know. But there are a few others on his
"league". Geddy Lee. Jack Bruce. Chris Squire... But nobody beat Johnny
Thunderfingers...

Lucas Bleicher
forward e-mail: bleicher@who.net