The Who and Hendrix

> i noticed how you responded to only a segment of my reply, and did not
> dispute my other statements.

Mike:

That means I agreed with them, or enough to feel the difference wasn't
worthy of discussion.

> so i guess that what you mean is that after jimi walked out of that who
> show, his guitar playing radically changed to conform to townshends sound.

You're taking it too far...I think Hendrix was influenced, as I've said.
That doesn't mean he ran out of the club in a frenzy, screaming: "I have
SEEN the light! I'm going to copy The Who!"
It means that his sound from that point on moved in a direction The Who
had pioneered. His music, mostly session work, was different before he
moved to England.

> > > OOOOH! I will!

Jacqueline:

See you there, then. Several people from this list will be there; one of
us will post a gathering place ASAP.

> I like a couple of their tunes.  If you decide to stock them, will I be able to
> claim my list discount?

Gary L.:

Absolutely. I haven't gotten any in yet though. It's just a matter of
time.

> we wouldn't want to see
> anything like that rhetoric happening again...

danion:

You haven't noticed how that seems to happen wherever Fang can be found,
no matter who else is around? If not, you will. I've seen it on three
different services, with several people.

> Sir, your zeal to win an argument,

Fang:

We have no argument. Just your silly uninformed challenges to my
discussion with someone else. But you did give me a good laugh with the
"Asian-American" statement.
Maybe you'll learn not to have public discussion about plans to disrupt
another list.
Then again, maybe not.
You're busted, chum.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend