Re: Yellow on Many Depressing Things

>I don't think it's fair to say that Pete wasn't profoundly affected
>by the tragedy at Cincinnati.  Insomuch as I am any judge of other
>people's emotions, I'd say quite the opposite.[large snip]
>And I don't at all blame him
>for not writing a song all about it.  Could anyone honestly wish for
>such a horrible incident to be reduced and cheapened into a three
>minute single?
>
>-Yellow "fog" Ledbetter

Exactly what I was trying to say.  Thanks, YL.

BTW, did it ever occur to anyone that (unlike The Beatles with John
Lennon) The Who didn't put out a song to commemorate Keith?  Pete only
mentions him in passing in "Jools and Jim" and it took Roger 7 years to
come out with "Under A Raging Moon."

Pete did try to write something about the 1st death of a contemporary to
cross his path, Brian Jones' in "A Normal Day For Brian, A Man Who Died
Everyday." (I'm not sure if this was a song or a prose obituary).  Pete
has seen a lot of death in his life as he mentioned in the History of
Rock 'n' Roll program.  It's a wonder he has any feelings left.

				-Brian in Atlanta