Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #150

At 2:53 6/18/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

>Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:35:40 -0400
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: Phil, Bowie, Depression,  Zappa, & Pete's checkbook
>
>> I don't see how Jagger fits in, either way.
>
>If you want to know how Jagger fits into Bowie, Alan, I suggest you ask
>Bowie's ex-wife. Since reportedly she was an eye witness.

heh heh heh...yeah, I know...:-)  (Still waiting for an explanation of the
acronym/anagram thing, though...)

>Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 16:47:15 +0000
>From: "Citywatch Ltd" <email@citywatch.prestel.co.uk>
>Subject: Phil Collins
>
>Come on, this IS Phil Collins we're talking about.....just listen to
>some of his songs if you want tacky....

<cough> Thanks.  I know.  The thing that annoys me most about his stuff is
how BOW-RING it is...you listen to the first 10 seconds, you've heard the
whole thing.  At least, the stuff that gets airplay, which doesn't inspire
me to go listen to anything else.  AFAIK, the only redeeming event of the
man's career was his affectionate portrayal of Uncle Ernie in '89, which I
actually enjoyed.

>Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 11:15:10 -0700
>From: Dan Scurio <dscurio@sprintmail.com>
>Subject: Re: HOB in Chicago
>
> He was talking about how he writes
>songs about prayer and Jesus(I'm a Sensation) and that the songs end up
>coming accross like songs about his penis.

Actually, he said that "Sensation" was written about a girl, and turned out
to be a pretty good song about Jesus.

>Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:11:15 -0400
>From: briancady@juno.com (Brian S Cady)
>Subject: Re: HOB in Chicago
>
>>> Dan Scurio wrote:
>>He was talking about
>>how he writes
>>songs about prayer and Jesus(I'm a Sensation) and that the songs end
>>up
>>coming accross like songs about his penis.
>
>Another re-write of history.

On Dan's part, not Pete's.

>Or maybe she
>was the one screaming, "Jesus!"

hehehe...:-)

>Date: Tue, 17 Jun 1997 18:51:42 -0700
>From: Sarah Bengtson <jbengtso@win.bright.net>
>Subject: Who Fix Update
>
>Well I've finally done it!  After almost two months, I have removed LAL
>from my CD player and replaced it with John Entwistle's first two solo
>albums (which rock!) that I got in the mail yesterday.  You gotta love
>THE OX!!

Look for the CD of John's Entwistle's Ox, a Philadelphia 1975 set from King
Biscuit where they opened for Humble Pie.  Great stuff, only complaint is
that since it was an opening set it's too short!

>Date: Wed, 18 Jun 1997 03:17:09 -0400 (EDT)
>From: RyanK17@aol.com
>Subject: A fact about me.
>
>I just like to tell people this little bit of info.
>The Who Played at my high school on Nov 17 1967.
>I was born on Nov 17 1977.
>I dubt  that any one cares, but I thought I should tell who fans like myself.

Don't care?  Are you kidding?  There's probably people on the list who
could tell you what city that was in and the opening act!

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend