Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #149

Citywatch wrote RE: gettin shrunk:
>If you've ever felt the urge to demolish something, here's something
>new - DO IT!  It really is a laugh.  I've got through a TV, a video,
>2 chairs, a table and a window so far, listening to Live at Leeds, up
>loud, and half pissed.  As long as it's your own gear, who gives a
>s**t???

Although I believe therapy can definitely help people I too don't
believe
it's for everyone nor is it a cure all.  But I don't believe it makes us
all the same either though.  I went a few times and I'm still as "Leo"
as I ever was (fortunately or unfortunately for the rest of the
planet).  I do think your alternate methods also have some merit.
Hittin the bottle can solve a lot of problems (until the next morning
brings them round again).  The choice you suggest above is more to my
liking.  There's nothing quite like the sound of breaking glass or
watching a guitar smash to smithereens.  One summer night when I was
sixteen I and my friends stuck my stereo speakers out the window and air
jammed to a bunch of taped songs with makeshift "instruments".  The only
real instrument was a cheap warped electric guitar which no longer had
pickups.  The climax of the "concert" was WGFA (naturally) and I'd
edited the end of TKAA's live version on to the studio version so I
could have the sound of smashing and feedback ringing in my ears.  Once
the live ending kicked in the gang of us smashed everything to pieces;
tennis rackets, cleaning buckets, garbage lids, drum sticks, a hair
curler (swingable mic) and finally the guitar itself.  I smashed that
thing to bits as the upstairs neighbors came out thinking a riot had
started outside.  Ahhh youth!!

Lou Reed as the Acid Queen!!  The trivia is getting better by the
minute!  Tommy meets Sweet Jane!  (Other favorite non-Who songs by Reed:
Heroin, Rock and Rock, Sweet Jane).

Pete at House of Blues:
You lucky dogs, I hate you one and all (but with love, always with
love).
"Legal Matter" electric!!  "Sheraton Gibson"!!  Drinking Pete's germs!!
Forget the love, I hate you guys!!  Damn it, where's my guitar?  She's
got a date with the pavement!
- --Leo (seething with envy in VA)