Re: Minimum wage and Miracle Cures, etc.

>Anybody noticed the connection between the rockin tune and the
>rockin upward minimum wage (soon to be $5.15)? Are there Whoers in
>the Congress and the White House?

If only they'd raise the minimum wage to $9.05 an hour!

Not that I have anything to complain about, I make $7 an hour at my
sweet data entry job...and I even have my own cubicle to hang my
photo of Pete in!  (As those of you who follow my posts already know.
)  But I've got friends who clean toilets or dish up frozen yogurt
for minimum wage, and I personally think that anyone doing that kind
of work deserves a little more than $5.15 (especially if they're a
personal friend of mine).

>However, I don't believe that *most* teens have gone through therapy.

It's hard to get stats on these things...believe me, I just looked!
But I can honestly say that most of the teenagers *I* know have
either been in therapy or spent time in the psych ward or in a mental
hospital.  I remember once an innocent English class discussion on
pens and pencils (that day's suggested free-write topic) turned into
a conversation about being in a prison or mental hospital where you
had pen and pencil privileges taken away.  Almost everyone had a
personal story on the subject, much to the surprise of the sweet
little teaching intern sitting in on the class that day!  Of course,
the people I know aren't exactly a fair sampling of the entire
American teen population, so such anecdotes have little scientific
value.  The only hard statistic on this subject I could find was this
from the Chicago "Tribune" - from 1971 through 1989, the number of
adolescents admitted to private psychiatric hospitals increased
fifteenfold, although the overall youth population declined.

>I also don't believe that you must have needed therapy at some point
to be a *real* Who fan.

I think most non-fans would probably say that anyone that loves the
Who as much as all of us on this list do is in severe need of
therapy!  People have certainly said that to me...but what do they
know, the heathens.

Oh, to make this post a bit more relevant, I messed with my Whoru's
borrowed copies of the new FD and IH today, and boy do they ever have
lame linear notes!  I know this has been said on here before, but I
don't think one could overstate how utterly pathetic these linear
notes are!  I mean, they say when the album was recorded and when it
was released, but that's about it.  Any one of us on here could have
done a much better, more interesting job of it.  I personally will
not be purchasing either of these remasters...not even if my hourly
wage is suddenly raised to $9.05 an hour!

- -Yellow "Do you smell that curry?" Ledbetter