FD/IH, FD recall, What If, & real fans

> I don't think that FD and IH would have ever been completed had Keith still
> been the Who's drummer.

I think you're right. Or at least they would have been quite different.
My guess is that Pete wouldn't have done so many solo albums, and some
if not all of the material would have ended up on Who albums.

> Now on to the present, has anyone heard of a new Pete solo album? I won't
> even ask for a new Who album, that would be an incredible waste of typing power.

Actually, I think that a Who album is more likely...since there's
probably going to be a live one from the current tour. Maybe a video,
too.

> I noticed this on my copy as well.  Will MCA be giving some kind of voucher to
> allow for exchanges?  How does this work for CDs?

I don't know yet, but will post the info ASAP.

>  WHAT IF John Entwistle and Keith Moon had quit The Who in the late 60's to
> join Jimmy Page in the "New Yardbirds" band he was forming?The Who would
> have broken up before "Tommy"

Ian:

I think I can answer that one! Pete would have tarted up the TOMMY demos
and released the album himself. Anyone who's heard them knows how good
the quality they are (in fact, the sound quality was better than the
released TOMMY). It would have been easy enough to put on a few
overdubs. As for whether Daltrey would have been included, I don't know.
If so, his voice could have put on there with little trouble.

> Sorry to disagree with you, and not to take anything away from your
> problems, but I don't believe that all *real* Who fans are in need of
> therapy.

Rob:

I second that. I don't know any Who fans who needed it (young or old),
except those who have stated so here. I sincerely hope that most teens
DON'T need it, since not only does my daughter qualify as a teen (14),
but these are the people who will be taking care of me if I don't "die
before I get old." Which is what I'm planning!
The concept of a "real" Who fan varies...I know a guy who thinks that
you have to own every bootleg and many different versions of the
released stuff, and have intimate knowledge of all the versions like
knowing baseball stats, to be a "real" Who fan. I know someone else who
thinks you have to go to as many shows as possible...solo or otherwise,
no matter where it is. There are some I've met who think it means
listening ONLY to The Who (and solo). Personally, I think it's someone
to whom the music speaks...it doesn't even have to be all of the music.
But that's just my opinion.

- --

            Cheers                ML

 "It's more than a looking back...it's a bringing up to date.
  Quadrophenia is about where we're all at today...maybe you too,
  I don't know..."
            Pete Townshend