Re: Pete, Bowie, Live Aid, Miracle Cure

Leo O'Sullivan wrote:
> Who therapy:  If you're a real Who fan, like Ms Ledbetter says, you've
> probably had therapy (myself included).  If you're a real Who fan, you
> definitely could use therapy.  Those songs are bottled rage; there's a
> reason why WE need to hear them.  Airjamming to "Who Are You" and WGFA
> kept me from breaking a lot of windows, but not all of them.  Show me a
> Who fan who never felt the urge to demolish something and I'll show you
> a fair weather Who freak.
>
> --Leo

Sorry to disagree with you, and not to take anything away from your
problems, but I don't believe that all *real* Who fans are in need of
therapy.  As Ms. Ledbetter has stated, the teen years are a very
troubling time for most people.  However, I don't believe that *most*
teens have gone through therapy.  I also don't believe that you must have
needed therapy at some point to be a *real* Who fan.  The urge to
demolish something is something most of us have felt at some point in our
lives, but again, this is not something a real Who fan *must* feel.

I will agree with you that The Who helped me deal with my *normal*
teenage problems (particularly Quadrophenia --- I'm One and The Real Me).

Rob LaTerra