Re: Feedback on "Feedback"... "A Quick One.."

JB2TheWho@aol.com writes:
>Back in '64 and '65, as everyone probably already knows, bands usually
>had to
>play in these marathon gigs, [major snip]
>So is there ANY era of any duration in the history of pop music (since
>1964
>at least) that was NOT attributable, in one way or another, to the
>artistic
>prescence of Pete Townshend?? (Personally, I think not)!

Amazing.  I was just reading last night that David Bowie nee Jones used
to open for The High Numbers at the Marquee and wanted to know more
about it.  Thanks.  Although I like your theory, it was the fame of
David Jones of The Monkees that caused him to become Bowie.

			-Brian in Atlanta