Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #137

At 17:53 6/3/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:

>Date: Mon,  2 Jun 1997 19:23:29, -0500
>From: THRH79B@prodigy.com (MS KELLY D GILES I)
>Subject: Re: Fanatical Who Cult, Love Songs, etc.
>
>So, do we get to wear special robes in this cult or what?  I'm
>picturing something with a Union Jack pattern...or maybe we could all
>just get identical white boiler suits.

That seems quite nicely cultish to me, gets my vote.

>...and daughters?  Oh my.  Well let's get one thing straight, Who
>cult or no, I'm not going to stand for any Koresh-style child brides
>around here!  (Don't worry my fellow underage fans, I shall protect
>you!

Just for the record, in Texas 14 is the age of consent if the parents
agree, and Koresh was guilty of no crime in this respect (or, arguably, in
any other respect).  Note to all:  See the movie "Waco: Rules of
Engagement" before you assume you know what really happened at Mount
Carmel.

>Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 00:10:50 -0400 (EDT)
>From: PURENEZ@aol.com
>Subject: Re: The Who US Summer Tour
>
>seats...any help would be great my e-mail add. is PURENEZ@aol.com  thanx  ps
>Pete wrote Sunrise for his Mother

Dingdingdingding...we have a winner.

>Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 03:04:06 -0400 (EDT)
>From: Rayraenet@aol.com
>Subject: RARE WHO FOR TRADE!
>
>When I Can See For Miles came out in '67,I was 7yrs old.[snip]
>I remember an especially great Christmas day,frying on acid and cranking
>Tommy.We swore if they ever came to town we'd go.Finally,a concert at Anahiem
>Stadium 3/21/76 was announced.I was 13.

What I want to know is how you managed to age only 6 years when the rest of
the world had aged 9?  That must have been some acid!

>Date: Tue, 3 Jun 1997 10:45:05 +0000
>From: "Citywatch Ltd" <email@citywatch.prestel.co.uk>
>Subject: Shea?

>don't sell general admission tickets to Who shows in the States.
>
>Presumably you're talking about Shea Stadium, right??  Is this policy
>really a legacy of that event?  That's incredible.

I'm not talking about Shea Stadium, but I think you mean am I talking about
Cincinnati (12/79), which I am. ;-)

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend