Re: Fanatical Who Cult, Love Songs, etc.

So, do we get to wear special robes in this cult or what?  I'm
picturing something with a Union Jack pattern...or maybe we could all
just get identical white boiler suits.

ML wrote:
>Yeah...it's always seemed to me that the ONLY reason to join a cult
would be
>lots and lots of sex..."Give me your wives and daughters." Koresh
had the
>right idea, sort of. Too bad he was some sort of gun freak. He
didn't know
>when he had it made.

...and daughters?  Oh my.  Well let's get one thing straight, Who
cult or no, I'm not going to stand for any Koresh-style child brides
around here!  (Don't worry my fellow underage fans, I shall protect
you!  I can do it, I work out, and I watch "Xena: Warrior Princess"
every week!  Just stay behind me whilst I make use of my trusty
chakram...)

>So...if there was a Who cult, would we have to call Townshend "Pe?"

I think we should call him "Boutrous".  Just my opinion.

Alan wrote:
>P.S.:  I'd have to put "Love Ain't For Keeping" up there for some
beautiful
>lyrics, plus "One Life's Enough", containing the exquisite "let your
body
>curve into the long grass of the bed."

I'd just like to mention here that "One Life's Enough" is the song
that makes me want to kill and kill again.  It is not safe for me to
hear this song if there are sharp objects in the room.  My hand
starts to curl into an icepick-holding position and makes stabbing
motions of its own accord.  Fortunately, I take the public safety
precaution of avoiding this song whenever possible, so the world is
safe...for now.
(Note: Why is there grass in the bed anyway?  Did someone forget to
shut the window before mowing the lawn?  Hah hah hah, what a twit!)

Leo wrote:
>I'm loving this.  This has got to be the cheapest, most productive
form
>of therapy available.

It will probably surprise no one to learn that I used to talk to my
shrink about the Who all the time.  In fact, we spent my last therapy
session listening to my tapes of the Madison Square Garden radio
broadcast.  Ah, memories.

JenniferD wrote:
>Sounds wonderful!  The only Who stuff I have (aside from boots and
>albums and things) are two stickers from TKAA, from Dave Ray (who's
*such* a
>nice guy, Who stuff or no).

Keep your wits about you and you are bound to come across some
excellent Who stuff sooner or later!  Look around at secondhand shops,
 garage sales, and record shows, as I'm sure you already do.  The
Patron Goddess of Who Fans is sure to send something your way!

- -Yellow "Burning some incense for her wouldn't hurt, though"
Ledbetter