Re: Message of Love VH

The Message of Love;Isle of Wight Video has already
been released in the US. The Who @ the Isle of Wight
has been released in Japan and is available as an import
on laserdisk.

Re; The Who on VH1
I also did not like Levon Helm's narration. Not only didn't
his accent fit, but he also gave a weird reading emotionally
to alot of the material in my opinion. He took away from the
program. Like psychoderelict, it would be cool if there was
a "music only" version of the special.
I also noticed a few errors. For one,in the way they related
the incident where Keith accidentally killed his driver. In the book
by Dougal (who was there) Keith was practically under attack by
a mob of drunken yob's, and was trying to get away to save
his life. From the special, they give the idea that it was Keith
just being drunk and careless. They also didn't mention that the
pills Keith OD'd on were the presciption drug Heminiverin. They
just report he took "a handful of pills, woke up and ate, then
took another handful and went back to sleep to never wake up".
They made it seem like he was taking them for recreational purposes.
Since the narrator didn't appear to have a personal relationship
with the band, I would of prefered a more factual narration inside
of the subjective, overly dramatic one he gave.

Martin