Re: Behind Blue Eyes biography

>I just read this biography of Pete Townsend.  Does anyone think it
>interesting that at the end of the book it states flatly Townsend
>will not play with The Who again?  (In regards to their tour this
>summer).  Speaking of, what was the reasoning behind the tour, how
>did it occur (there has to be a story), and will there be future
>tours?
>Andy Steinke

Pete said (around 1994) that he would definitely never as long as he
lived play with The Who again.  Apparently, this schmuck believed him.

The reason behind this tour is Pete's desire to get another Tony, this
one for "The Who's Quadrophenia."  He began these shows hoping that some
multi-media performances of the work would get him backers to turn it
into another stage musical like "The Who's Tommy."  For some reason (not
to piss off Who fans?  Because Roger might smack him again?), he called
Roger in to help who called in John, and since we've got all these people
together why waste it on one show?  Why not take it to Madison Square
Garden?  And gee Pete, couldn't we also play a few more date around the
U.S.?  And Europe?  And as long as we've gone that far, come back to hit
the U.S. we missed (Texas excluded, natch)?

As for future tours:

1) Anything's possible.

2) But don't count on it.

				-Brian in Atlanta (16 more days)