Giuliano errors compilation contest continues

At 18:53 7/23/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Wed, 23 Jul 1997 12:49:59 -0400
>From: "Mark R. Leaman" <mleaman@sccoast.net>
>Subject: Re: Pete's Women

First, Mark, thanks for saying what needed to be said re: sex and rock-n-roll.

>in the extremely inaccurate Behind Blue Eyes (Hi, Alan!).

Hi Mark :-)!

For those who may have missed it, I am collecting error reports on the
Giuliano book on Pete, _Behind Blue Eyes_.  Here's a repeat of the
announcement from some weeks ago:

- --------------------------------<begin reprint>----------------------
I've decided to serve as a clearinghouse for error reports for the Giuliano
book _Behind Blue Eyes_.  If you locate a simple actual factual error
please report it to me.  I'll compile them and post when it looks like the
list might be near complete (or on request) and you can then print them out
and insert the hardcopy in your book.  Or light a fire with it, or
whatever.  Hell, if anyone cares they can mail the list to Mr. Giuliano for
corrections to the second edition (if ever).

OK.  Please send in those reports with

* error, quoted from the book
* the correct information (what the book should have said)
* page number
* edition number & paper-or-hardback note (just in case)

It would help if you'd put "Giuliano" ... or heck, just "error" (easier to
spell) ... in the subject line, but I'll get it even if you don't.

******
And just to make this interesting (I hope), the person submitting the most
errors (and I mean good stuff, not typos or other nits) will receive a
paperback copy of _Horse's Neck_.
******

THE FINE PRINT (all caps :-):
I expect this to be a multi-week project (say, 2 to 4), and will post when
things start to taper off and it looks like time to close it down and
declare the winner.
As you might expect, the first person submitting an error gets the credit
in case of multiple reports of the same error.
Also, I don't currently own the book so I will either 1) buy it <sigh> or
otherwise obtain a copy or 2) post the finished list to allow time for
verification of error reports.
I don't know as much about the subject as do many of you, so I will take
all error reports at face value if it's something for which I don't know
the correct information myself.  However, I will post the final list and
allow time for comments & revisions before announcing the winner.

If anyone would like a report of the errors found so far please e-mail me
privately.  I simply don't believe all the errors in the book have been
found yet.  So jump in there and please report any you may find.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend