Re: Who memories in my garage

I guess this is my day to go back over old mail.  This is another one that
stands out in my mind from the (sort of) recent posts as a classic:

At 14:53 6/2/97, The Who Mailing List Digest wrote:
>Date: Mon, 02 Jun 97 11:00:00 EDT
>From: "Kipp, David G." <KIPPD@PCMAIL01.SYSTEMS.GEC.COM>
>Subject: Who memories in my garage

<[snip]
>When people see the drums in the garage, they usually say ,"what a great way
>to relieve stress." They don't get it.  I have those drums to "join
>together" with the greatest band of all time.

Brilliant. The hopes, dreams, disappointments and triumphs of 30 years
packed into three lines of text.  This deserves a place in Bartlett's
Quotations.  Thanks, David.

Alan

"When I'm on stage, it's not like bein' possessed...it's just...*I* *do*
*my* *job*."                 - Pete Townshend