Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V4 #175

> Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 19:43:26 -0400 (EDT)
> From: Jennifer Lee Davies <jen@nt.net>
> Subject: "Athena"
>
>         I was for the first time listening to the lyrics (not for the
> "whore" vs "bomb" debate), and the reference to the Tommy movie just about
> killed me!  It's priceless!
>         (For those who don't know what I mean, it's something about in a
> dream seeing a huge snake in a ribcage.)
>
> JenniferD

I believe the lyric is:
"There was a beautiful white horse I saw in a dream state
It had a snake the size of a sewer pipe planted in his ribcage..."

It's a reference to a dream Pete had. He talks about this dream in more
detail in 'Horses', a story in his book, "Horses Neck".
- --
Alba Gu Brath!
John W. Leys, J.S.P.S., F.L.S.
       |                     Visit                        |
       |           Unacknowledged Legislators             |
       |[http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/8916/] |
       |		    Home of                       |
       |            The Lord Byron HomePage               |

"Fide et Fortitudine"
       -The Motto of the Clan Farquharson